In this article:
- How to send a message immediately
- How to schedule a message for a future date
- How to throttle message sending
Batch messages can be sent immediately, scheduled for future dates and throttled according to audience size or max number of batches.
How to send a message immediately
When a message schedule is set for "Send Immediately" and all required content is met, the message will send when you press the Send Message button.
How to schedule a message for a future date
When a message is scheduled for a future date, the message will send on the scheduled date set.
- Choose "Edit Schedule" and select "Schedule for future date".
- Make the appropriate selections and click "save".
- If all required content is completed, you will see the button labeled "Schedule Message". Click the button to schedule the message.
- The message will now appear in the Scheduled Messages list. Clicking on the message in the list will give you the option to edit the message or view the message details.
Schedule time by a contacts time zone
When scheduling a message for a future date, you are able to set the schedule time by a contact's time zone.
- Designate a geo or string contact attribute as the primary time zone.
- When scheduling a message, for schedule time, choose contact's time zone.
- A contact attribute must be set as the primary time zone or the time zone option will not appear when scheduling a message.
- If a time zone value is not present in the primary time zone attribute, the message will send according to the account's time zone setting.
How to throttle message sending
Message sending can be throttled to govern your sending volumes over time for any given batch message. This is useful if:
- There is a need to spread out sending volumes because your domain has issues scaling to large volumes of inbound traffic.
- You are warming an IP or sending to a list of newly acquired contacts and there is deliverability concern with a particular volume.
To set up message throttling on a batch message:
- Edit message schedule and select "Throttle batch sending".
- Select to batch by either by audience size or max number of batches.
- Audience size per batch - enter the audience size per batch and the number of batches will be calculated automatically.
- Max number of batches - enter the max amount of batches and the audience size per batch will be calculated automatically.
- Choose batch interval and allow days/hours.
- Batch interval - whether to send once a day or on specific hours of specific days.
- Allowed days - which days of the week you would like the message to send.
- Allowed hours - which hours of the day you would like the message to send.
- Select minutes - the minutes of the hours of each day. For example, 10 am and 30 minutes will send at 10:30 am.
- Start batch sending - the date after which the batch sending intervals will start.
- Start time - the time after which the batch sending intervals will start.
For example, you could send 1,000,000 emails at 10,000/hr but don't send on Sun or between 11pm and 6 am.
In the next article we will learn about message performance.