You can decrease cart abandonment by showing a simple exit-intent lightbox to your website visitors when they are about to exit the checkout page. Follow these steps to accomplish this.
- Go to the Conditions section of the Design Editor.
- Set up the rules as follows:
- The Exit Intent rule is set to Any of these events occur to cover all four types of exit attempts: top, bottom, left, and right of window.
- Max displays per session is set to equal 1, to prevent the pop-up from showing again to visitors who are browsing your site in multiple tabs.
- Current Page URL is set to the first page of your checkout process. In this example, we are using contains [yourwebsitecheckoutpage].
- To make sure that you don't show the pop-up to visitors who have already checked out, you can set your Pages Navigated URL to NOT include your thank you page. In this example, using does NOT contain [yourthankyoupage].