Cordial uses a role-based access model that allows you to group permissions into roles, and then assign those roles to individual users based on their responsibility.
- Permissions: access rights to specific areas and functions of the platform
- Roles: collections of permissions granted to users in your account
Multiple roles can be assigned to a single user as a way to further differentiate levels of access between users.
Your account has two predefined user roles. These roles cannot be edited or deleted.
|Cordial Admin (previously Admin)||All permissions.|
|Cordial Power User (previously User)||Permissions to view other users and account transports.|
Manage roles and permissions
1. To create new and manage existing roles, navigate to the Roles and Permissions page from the account menu in the upper right corner of the platform.
This option is available to users who are assigned roles with permissions to view, create, edit, and delete roles and permissions.
2. You will see a table of available roles in your account.
3. Hover over the arrow next to the role name to see available options:
- View: See the details of a predefined role
- Edit: Update role name, description, and permissions
- Duplicate: Create a new role using an existing role as a template
- Delete: Permanently remove the role from your account (only roles that are not assigned to any users can be deleted)
4. Click New to create a role. Give your role a name, description, and the permissions it will grant to your users.
Saved roles can be assigned to individual users from the Users page.
Permissions with dependencies on one another will be selected simultaneously.
List of available permissions
These are the currently available permissions categorized by functional area of the platform.
|Messages & orchestrations||Create and edit message content||Create and edit message content, message headers, image library, Sculpt and HTML includes.|
|Messages & orchestrations||Create and edit message and orchestration settings||Allows for creating and editing message and orchestration settings, specifically message name, tags, schedules, audiences, trigger types, tracking, goals, delays and orchestration action.|
|Messages & orchestrations||Delete messages and orchestrations||Allows deleting of any message, message automations, orchestrations and messages within orchestrations.|
|Messages & orchestrations||Pause, cancel, resume and disable messages and orchestrations||Allows for pausing, canceling and resuming messages and disabling message automations and orchestrations.|
|Messages & orchestrations||Send, publish and enable messages and orchestrations||Allows sending and scheduling messages, publishing and enabling message automations and orchestrations.|
|Messages analytics||Export message analytics||Allows to export message analytics|
|API keys||View API keys||Allows for viewing the list of API keys.|
|API keys||Create, edit and delete||Allows for creating, editing and deleting API keys.|
|Roles and Permissions||View roles and permissions||Allows viewing account roles and permissions.|
|Roles and Permissions||Create, edit, and delete roles and permissions||Allows creation of new as well as editing and deleting of existing roles and permissions.|
|Transports||View transports||Allows viewing account transports.|
|Transports||Edit transports||Allows editing existing account transports.|
|Users||View users||Allows viewing other users in the account.|
|Users||Invite and edit users||Allows inviting new and editing existing users.|
|Users||Revoke access||Allows removing a user from the account.|
Can we create permissions categories to hide the contacts from users? It would be nice in this age of CCPA and with subscribers data in mind to restrict access to subscriber lists. Lot of devs and contractors need to see the prod data and supplements but really don't want them to search and export contacts etc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.