Our integration with Attentive enables you to build SMS messages in Cordial and route them through Attentive’s carrier network. You can leverage specific Attentive features like web forms, conversational SMS, or international SMS sending.
Contact your Cordial CSM to have the Attentive card enabled in your account.
Our integration with Attentive only supports promotional messaging.
Integrate Cordial with Attentive
1. Create a custom app within the Attentive platform.
You must set messages and subscribers to Write permissions when creating the app in Attentive. If you don't see the Messages row in Attentive, contact your Attentive CSM.
2. Create an API key in Attentive and copy it.
3. To get your Webhook key, navigate to the Webhooks tab.
4. Click the radio button to Enable the Webhook.
5. Select the Universal webhook option.
6. Copy the Signing key.
7. Contact your Attentive representative to get your SignUp Source ID.
8. Log in to Cordial and navigate to Integrations > Partners > Attentive, then click the Enable button.
9. Paste the following into the Attentive card:
- Your Attentive-generated API key into the Auth token section
- Your Attentive Signing key into the Webhook Key section
- Your SignUP Source ID (provided by your Attentive representative)
10. When you select the Enable button and click Save, Cordial will verify the successful setup.
Set up SMS account settings in Cordial
In your Cordial account, navigate to Settings > Account Settings > SMS. Edit the page by adding your short code from Attentive:
- Program name
- Brand name
- The program keyword: Attentive
Attentive will set up the double opt-in keyword in their platform as well as the compliance messages. In the Cordial platform, however, there needs to be some text available in the opt-in, confirmation, and help message fields even though these will not be displayed during double opt-in.
Send an SMS
Sending an SMS or MMS message from Cordial through Attentive works exactly as it does today—with a message body that may include Smarty and shortened links. You will continue to see the message performance details in Cordial.
In the Attentive platform, you can view the account dashboard for metrics like subscribed/unsubscribed contacts and number of sent messages.
The message name will appear in the Cordial platform but not in Attentive. The message body is available in Attentive at the subscriber level.