Message reports allow you to view detailed data about messages sent from Cordial. In addition to the Message Reports page under Analytics, reports are available on individual message performance pages for batch messages and automated messages.
Generate a message report
1. To generate message reports, log in to Cordial and navigate to Analytics > Message Reports.
2. The default view shows data for all messages over the past seven days.
3. Select the desired filters. You can filter messages by:
- Message channel
- Message type
- All message types
- Batch messages
- Podium orchestrations
- Message name
- Message tag(s)
- All selected tags
- Any selected tags
- Date range
- Past 7 days
- Past 30 days
- Past 90 days
- Custom date range
View message performance data
1. In the Message Performance pane, you have options to display message performance data By message, By message type, or As a total. You can also choose to Roll up automations.
2. The following data columns are available for display:
- Message ID, Message Name, Message Key, Message Type, Podium Orchestration Name, Subject, Tags (upon file export), Sent Date, Last Sent Date, Sent Total, Bounced Total, Bounce Rate, Bounced Soft, Bounced Hard, Delivered Total, Delivered Rate, Opens Total, Opens Unique, Open Rate, Opens Total (adjusted), Opens Unique (adjusted), Open Rate (adjusted), Clicks Total, Clicks Unique, Click Rate, CTOR (click to open rate), Complaints Total, Complaint Rate, Opt Outs total, Opt Out Rate, Revenue, Total Purchases, AOV, Total Purchases Indirect, AOV Indirect, Total Revenue, Total Purchases, Total AOV
Column defaults are determined by which channel is selected; however, column settings are saved with the report for easy replication.
3. Select the Customize Columns button to view a custom display of data columns.
4. Click the Group by button to filter message performance results by audience. This will save you time when pulling reports, making it easier to compare performance for audience segments across batch messages, automated messages, and Podium orchestrations.
Export message reports
1. To export message reports to a CSV file, set up your filters and click the dropdown arrow to expand the Export Settings section.
2. Fill in the required fields and select Export. The export will reflect the filters, columns, and settings configured in the message report.
3. To download the report locally, click the Jobs widget at the top of your Cordial dashboard. A pane will expand to show the export job status. Click View All Jobs to view your export request listed in the Jobs table.
4. Depending on the file size and number of concurrently requested jobs, the job status may be Pending or Processing. Refresh the Jobs page to view the latest status update.
5. When the job status changes to Done, hover over the arrow next to the job ID and and select Download.
In the next article, you can learn about event data reports.