In this article:
What is an event dashboard
Event dashboards are pages containing a collection of custom charts that display event behavior over time.
For example you could create an event dashboard called "Message Behavior" and add charts pertaining to message clicks and opens, or create a dashboard called "Browse Behavior" that contains charts to visualize site activity.
For each chart you create, you are able to choose the event(s), add an audience filter and choose the type of chart to be displayed.
How to create an event dashboard
Navigate to Analytics › Event Dashboards.
The first time you arrive at the event dashboard page you be presented with a welcome page:
To create a new dashboard click the button "Create a dashboard" or view all dashboards and click the button "+New".
Give the dashboard a name. For this example, we'll call the dashboard "Message Behavior".
After creating the dashboard you'll need to add some charts. Click the button "+ Add Chart" to add a new chart to your dashboard.
Fill out the fields and click save.
- Name the chart - We'll name the chart "Opens".
- Event label - We'll name the event "Opens" as well.
- Add another event - You can add multiple events to the same chart if desired.
- Filter by audience - You have the option to filter the results by an audience rule.
- Choose the chart type - Select line graph, stacked area or stacked columns.
Once the chart is created you can view the results.
Chart options include:
- Select a data range - choose from the standard date ranges or choose custom to create your own.
- Choose the time interval - months, weeks, days, etc.
- Delete the chart - by clicking the "x" in the top right.
- Sort the chart - by using the move bar.
- Edit the chart settings - by clicking the sprocket.
- Print the chart or download as an image - by clicking the hamburger menu.
If you have multiple events on a single chart, you can disable one or more by clicking their name under the chart.
In the next article we'll learn about Audience Trends.