Event Data Reports provide a log of all events (also called contact activities) in chronological order. This report includes all message events (sent, bounces, opens, clicks) as well as custom named events (website browse, page views, search).
If you're passing custom events to Cordial, the event data report provides an easy way to view all captured events without having to access the API.
View Event Data Reports
To view an event data report navigate to Analytics > Event Data Reports.
Event Data Report Filters
You have the option to filter Event Data Reports by:
- Event type
- All events
- Message events
- Custom events
- All contacts
- Individual contacts
- Audience rules
- Date Range
Column Data Display
Depending on the type of filter selected, the columns will display different data. For events with many properties, click Customize Columns to customize the column display. After selecting which columns to display, click the refresh button to display the new column configuration.
If you choose to view a message event across all contacts, the columns will display:
- Timestamp: Time the event occurred using the designated timezone for your account.
- Contact: Contact channel identifier such as email address, SMS number, mobile push address, etc.
- Event: Event name.
- Message Name: Message name you assigned when the message was created
- Message ID: Batch or automated message ID.
- Message Sent Date: Time message the send occurred using the designated timezone for your account.
Certain system events, such as
crdl_subscribeStatusChange, may have system defined properties unique to those events:
- From Subscribe Status: Contact subscribe status prior to change.
- To Subscribe Status: Contact subscribe status after the change.
- Method: The means by which the subscribe status was changed, such as API, bulk import, admin UI, opto-ut/opt-in, etc.
none. The From and To subscribe status fields will show a change from
noneto the contact's imported subscribe status.
If you choose a custom event for a specific contact, the columns will display all properties passed for that event. You can display properties for timestamp, contact, event, title, category, and more.
Export Event Data Report
1. You can export the report to a CSV or JSON file by clicking the Export button at the top right of the screen.
2. Fill out the appropriate fields to export your event data report.