Event Data Reports provide a log of all events—also called contact activities—in chronological order. This report includes all message events (sent, bounces, opens, clicks) as well as custom-named events you've created such as website browse, page views, or search.
If you're passing custom events to Cordial, the Event Data Report provides an easy way to view all captured events without having to access the API.
Events are stored in Cordial for a period of 18 months and can be retrieved during that time frame. Events older than 18 months are no longer stored within Cordial and cannot be accessed.
View Event Data Reports
1. To view an Event Data Report navigate to Analytics > Event Data Report.
2. Under each dropdown menu on the Event Data Report page, filter your report to include the desired metrics.
- Event type
- All events
- Message events
- Custom events
- Message type
- All messages
- Batch messages
- Automation templates
- All contacts
- Individual contacts
- Audience rules
- Date range
For event reports, audience filters are run in real time and not at the time the message is sent.
View event JSON
For enhanced visibility, you can access the JSON record of each event with a single click.
1. Under the Event column on the Event Data Report table, click on an event in the table to view it in JSON format.
2. Click Copy All to copy the JSON to your clipboard.
View message where event occurred
You can go to the message where each event was triggered to gain more insight into the activity.
1. Click the link under the Message Name column.
2. You'll be taken to the message where the event occurred.
Column data display
Depending on the type of filters you select, the columns in the Events list will display different data.
If you choose to view a message event across all contacts, the columns will display:
- Timestamp: Time the event occurred using the designated timezone for your account.
- Contact: Contact channel identifier such as email address, SMS number, mobile push address, etc.
- Event: Event name.
- Message Name: Message name you assigned when the message was created
- Message ID: Batch or automated message ID.
- Message Sent Date: Time message the send occurred using the designated timezone for your account.
Certain system events, such as
crdl_subscribeStatusChange, may have system defined properties unique to those events:
- From Subscribe Status: Contact subscribe status prior to change.
- To Subscribe Status: Contact subscribe status after the change.
- Method: The means by which the subscribe status was changed, such as
A subscribe status change event will be created for net new contacts when the subscribe status at the time of import is other than
none. The From and To subscribe status fields will show a change from
none to the contact's imported subscribe status.
If you choose a custom event for a specific contact, the columns will display all properties passed for that event. You can display properties for timestamp, contact, event, title, category, and more.
Export Event Data Report
1. You can export the report to a CSV or JSON file by clicking the Export button.
2. Fill out the appropriate fields to export your Event Data Report.