Magento v1 remains usable but is no longer supported by Adobe. You can learn more here.
The Cordial extension for Magento version 1 provides a turnkey solution to connect your Cordial account with your existing Magento v1 storefront for syncing customer, order and transactional data in real time. In addition to data synchronization, the extension also enables you to route all Magento promotional, triggered and transactional messages through Cordial.
Install the Cordial extension
Download the Cordial extension and follow the instructions within the included read me file.
Configure the Cordial extension
The Cordial extension for Magento requires that email address be set as the primary key in your Cordial account.
To get started with the Cordial extension you will need to enable the extension, provide your Cordial API and Account keys, map customer attributes and synchronize any existing Magento data.
Enable the Cordial extension
1. In your Magento account, navigate to the Configuration page of the Cordial extension: Cordial > Configuration.
2. This will take you to the General Settings page. Make sure that your strore view is set to Default Config and enable the Cordial extension using the Cordial Integration dropdown.
Add your Cordial API key
1. In your Cordial account, on the API Keys page, create an API key by whitelisting the catch-all IP address: 0.0.0.0/0. Learn how to generate an API key
2. In your Magento account, navigate to the Configuration page of the Cordial extension: Cordial > Configuration.
3. Choose the desired store from the Current Configuration Scope dropdown menu.
4. Paste the API Key into the Cordial API Key field and click Save Config.
Add your Cordial Account Key
1. In your Cordial account, copy the account key on the Account Settings page under Account Info.
2. In your Magento account, on the Cordial Configuration page, paste the account key in the Cordial Account Key field and click Save Config.
3. Your Cordial account should now be connected to the Magento extension and ready to map customer attributes and synchronize data.
4. When the configuration is saved, the following changes will occur in your Cordial account:
- A list called Promotional will be added to your account. Contacts will automatically be added to this list if they subscribe on your Magento store.
- The following contact attributes will be added:
Map customer attributes
1. Before synchronizing Magento customers with your Cordial account, you will need to map all desired Magento customer attributes to their corresponding Cordial contact attributes.
2. You have the option to map attributes that already exist in your Cordial account, or create new attributes from within Magento and send to Cordial.
Map existing Cordial attribute keys
1. Navigate to the Cordial Configuration page in your Magento account.
2. In the Customer Attributes Mapping table, add the desired Cordial contact attribute keys and then select the corresponding Magento customer attributes you would like to map using the drop down menu. Be sure to use the Cordial contact attribute key (versus the name) when mapping.
3. You can add more attributes by clicking the Add New Row button. Once all attributes are added, click the Save Config button to save the configuration and map the specified attributes.
Create and map new Cordial attribute keys
1. Add the desired Cordial attribute keys to the customer attributes mapping table and click Save Config.
2. Click the Send New Attributes to Cordial button to create and map the new attribute keys.
Synchronize existing data and auto map templates
Once your Magento and Cordial accounts are connected, any future data will be automatically synchronized (unless individually disabled). If you have existing data in your Magento account at the time of connection, you can use the Post Data to Cordial option to post all existing data to your Cordial account. You are also able to automatically map all Magento templates to existing Cordial automation templates (with matching message keys) using this method.
To populate your Cordial account with all Magento templates and necessary code (HTML and Smarty variables), please contact your Client Success Manager.
Post Data to Cordial
1. Navigate to the Cordial Configuration page in your Magento account and locate the Post Data to Cordial section.
2. Choose which data collections to post and click the Post Data to Cordial button.
When automatically mapping templates using this method, automation templates with matching message keys must already exist in your Cordial account (contact your Client Success Manager for more info). You can also manually map Magento templates to existing templates in Cordial on the template mapping page.
3. Check the status of the sync by navigating to one of the sync pages in the Cordial menu: Product Sync, Customers Sync or Orders Sync.
4. Locate the desired item and check the Sync column. If the Sync column contains the value "success", then the sync performed without errors.
5. To view synchronization details, navigate to the Log Manager page.
6. Here you find details on all API calls.
7. To view more details click on an individual API call.
Disable sync on individual items
1. Navigate to one of the sync pages: Product Sync, Customers Sync or Orders Sync.
2. Select the desired item(s) and in the Actions menu, choose Unsync and Add to Ignore List and click Submit.
Map transactional templates
1. On the Template Map page, you are able to map Magento templates to automation templates created in Cordial. To populate your Cordial account with all Magento templates and necessary code (HTML and Smarty variables), please contact your Client Success Manager.
2. Navigate to the Cordial Template Map page in your Magento account.
3. Click the Map New Template button or choose an existing template mapping.
4. Select the desired Magento template and Cordial template to map from the drop down menus.
5. Click the Map Template button.