Web Forms pop-ups can be customized for almost any scenario imaginable.
One of our clients recently asked us to help them set up a lead-capture pop-up that triggers when a new website visitor clicks on an envelope icon on the navigation bar.
1. We used an inline widget to position the envelope icon on the navigation menu. To do this, we used the the jQuery selector positioning option. We found an element in the top nav bar that would work as anchor point, and we entered its selector value in the “JQuery Selector” field (see below).
2. Next, we created a button with an envelope icon on it. We made the button transparent, and enlarged it to cover the full inline widget. We configured the button settings so that another pop-up would open when clicked (see below).
3. We wanted this lightbox to display to new visitors only, so we added a “past visits equals 0” rule. We also added a rule to prevent email subscribers from seeing the pop-up if they arrived on the website by clicking a link from their email newsletter (for this to work, the link has to have a UTM-medium parameter appended to it). To do this, we set the “Current Page URL”, “Pages Navigated URLs” and “Referring Website URL” to NOT contain “utm_medium=email.”
4. In order for the inline widget to be shown under these conditions, the “Display if Conditions Pass” options needs to be selected.
5. Once the inline was set up, we set its eligibility from “OFF” to “ON”.