Cordial makes it easy for anyone on your team to export contacts into CSV or JSONL files that you can immediately utilize with powerful external tools such as Google Cloud and Azure Blob storage. You can create one-time export jobs of your contacts or set the export to occur on a recurring schedule to keep your contacts synced across platforms. This no-code solution empowers your team to make the most of your valuable contact data.
Export contacts in the UI
Cordial allows you to export all contacts or a filtered set of contacts based on audience rules. Contacts are exported via data job.
1. Log in to Cordial and navigate to Contacts > Export Contacts.
2. In the Create Data Job pane, Fill in the Name and Tags fields. For Type, choose either One-time or Recurring. Assign a Priority for the job and click Continue.
3. You'll be taken to the Audience Builder, where you can choose to export all contacts or build a specific audience using audience rules. Once you've configured your export audience, click the Export button.
4. Select Edit under Data Mapping and enter the required fields:
- Export file name: give your file a unique name consisting only of letters and numbers
- Export file type: choose CSV or JSONL
- Attribute key(s): specify the attribute key(s) to use in your export
- List key(s): specify the list key(s) to use in your export
- Check the Header box to include a header row in your exported file
- Select whether to Compress file(s) or Split file per chunks. If splitting the file, specify the amount of records to appear in each file.
5. Select Edit under Data Destination and choose the destination for your exported contacts file. You can select Local, FTP, SFTP, AWS S3 bucket, Google Cloud, or Azure Blob.
This method of exporting contacts automatically prepares that data for the destination you specify above, so you don't need to run an additional data transformation.
6. In the On Completion pane, enter an email address where you'd like to receive a notification once the job is complete. This step is optional.
7. If your data job is recurring, Publish the data job then select Recurring under Settings on the left. From here, set the Schedule for your data job and then Enable it.
8. Run the export contacts data job. Once completed, you can find the job under the Jobs widget.
Export contacts via API
You also have the option to export contacts via the API. To learn more, read our article on exporting contacts via API.
In the next article, you can learn how to delete contacts.