Contacts can be deleted from the system via the UI or using the REST API.
This action will permanently delete contacts from your system. To remove contacts from a list only, and keep them in your system, check out our viewing and editing a list article.
Note that all contact attribute values will also be deleted by default. You have the option to retain or anonymize these values on a per attribute basis. Learn more about customizing attribute access and deletion.
Delete Contacts Via the UI
Delete the results of a contact search
- Navigate to Contacts › Search Contacts.
- Create an audience rule to determine the contacts to be deleted. Learn more about creating an audience.
- Under the Actions menu, choose View/Edit individual subscriber results.
- From the dropdown menu in the upper left, Select All contacts to be deleted and click the delete button.
- A warning message will display with a confirmation prompt. Enter your Cordial account login email address and confirm you wish to delete the displayed number of contacts. There will be no further warnings after Delete Contacts is clicked.
Delete the results of a saved audience rule
- Navigate to Contacts › Audiences.
- Select individual audience rules form the list or Select All from the dropdown menu in the upper left.
- Under the Actions menu, select Remove Audience Rule.
- When prompted, confirm audience rule removal by clicking Yes, remove audience rule.
Delete Contacts Via the API
You are able to delete a single contact with the DELETE <path>/contacts/ method. Learn more about contacts and the API.