In this article we will learn:
How to upload an image
- Navigate to Content › Images
- Click the button labeled "Upload".
- Upload the images.
- Use the button labeled "+ Add Files" to select one or more images from your computer.
- You also have the option to drag and drop files from your computer into the window.
- Add tags to your images for advanced searching options.
- When finished, click the button labeled "Finish Upload".
- You can sort images by name, file type or last modified. You can also view images in a grid or list and search by name, file type, tags and last modified date.
How to use an image in a message
You can insert images in a message two ways:
Insert via the wysiwyg editor
- Enable the wysiwyg editor by navigating to "Account & Password" in the upper right corner of the system page.
- Select "wysiwyg editor" in the Content Editing section.
- Create or edit a message.
- Place the cursor where you would like to add an image and click the "add image" button in the wysiwyg editor.
Insert via HTML
With the wysiwyg editor disabled, you will need to insert images with HTML.
- Obtain the URL of the image by locating the image in the content library, hovering over the info arrow and clicking "Copy URL".
- Copy the image HTML from the window.
- Paste the image HTML where you would like the image to appear in the message.
Note: The image path (url) in the Cordial image library includes the image dimensions (for ex: https://d1ok0qgebci2d3.cloudfront.net/163/600x132/logo.png). By changing the dimensions in the image path, you can alter the size of the displayed image. The image is resized and resampled at the server level. If you change the dimensions to 0x0, the image will display at it's native size. If you are moving from another ESP and need find and replace all image paths in a message, changing all image dimensions to 0x0 will allow for a consistent image path of all images.
In the next article we will learn about HTML content.