The Message Performance page provides insight on how a sent batch message performed.
View the Message Performance page
1. To view the Message Performance page, log into Cordial and navigate to Messages > Email Sent.
2. Select the desired message in the Sent Messages list.
3. You can also access the message performance page by clicking on the Performance tab on the sent message summary page.
The Summary Performance report provides the following KPIs:
- Total messages sent
- Percentage = (sent - bounced) / sent
- Total delivered
- Percentage = bounced / sent
- Total bounced
- Percentage = unique opens / delivered
- Opened (adjusted)
- Percentage = unique human opens / delivered
- Unique (adjusted)
- Total (adjusted)
- CTOR Percentage = unique clicks / unique opens
- Click rate percentage
- Opt Outs
- Percentage = total opt outs / delivered
- Percentage = total complaints / delivered
- Total Revenue
- Average Order Value (AOV)
Stats filters provide a way to further filter your message stats using audience rules and send tags.
By applying an audience filter to the report, you can view a subset of the total message stats. Before adding the filters, the desired audience rules must already exist in the system.
1. To add audience rule filters, click the Filter By Audience button.
2. Choose a previously saved audience rule and click Continue.
3. Each additional audience rule will show on a new row with the appropriate stats.
Send tag filter
To maintain consistent stats filter results over time, you can apply send tag filters. Send tag filters are added within the message code using Smarty and can be unique per contact based on a contact's attribute.
addSendTagutility are not duplicates of tags added during message creation. When duplicate tags are present, only one instance will be tracked.
addSendTagutility is an enhanced iteration of the now deprecated
1. To add send tag filters, add the Smarty code to your message content to generate the tag on the message send.
For the loyalty example, we would use the following Smarty code (assuming the contact attribute loyalty exists in the system). This code would add the send tag with the contact's loyalty value for each message.
2. Open the sent message and choose Filter By Tag under Stats Filters.
3. Choose the desired tags.
4. Repeat the process for all desired tags and view the results.
Inbox placement test
Inbox placement results will only be shown if enabled in the account. You can learn more about inbox placement tests here.
The Link Performance section allows you to visualize link performance across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices for:
- Total Clicks
- Unique Clicks
- Average Clicks/Clicker
Tracked links will display as URLs unless they're named using Smarty within the message content. Learn more about naming tracked links here.
Link performance results can be exported into a CSV file. Click Export to download the results locally.
Note: All event activity is stored in Cordial for 18 months. Message open and link click events are tracked for 30 days from the time the message is sent. Links will continue to work after 30 days but tracking will be disabled. Attribution is not tracked for purchases made via links after the 30 day period.
Time of Day Analysis
Located at the bottom of the Message Performance page, the Time of Day Analysis allows you to visualize opens and clicks for the past 30 or 90 days on desktop, tablet, or mobile devices.
In the next article, you can learn about pausing and canceling a message send.