Message Performance Overview
The Message performance page will give you an overview of how a sent batch message performed.
To view the batch message performance page, select the desired message in the Sent Messages list. You can also access the message performance page by clicking on the Performance tab on the sent message summary page.
The summary performance report provides the following KPIs:
- Total messages sent
- Percentage = (sent - bounced) / sent
- Total delivered
- Percentage = bounced / sent
- Total bounced
- Percentage = unique opens / delivered
- CTOR Percentage = unique clicks / unique opens
- Click rate percentage
- Opt Outs
- Percentage = total opt outs / delivered
Stats filters provide a way to further filter your message stats using audience rules and message tags.
Audience Rule Filter
By applying an audience filter to the report, you can view a subset of the total message stats.
For example, you can filter message stats according to gender to compare how males and females performed against the entire message send. Before adding the filters, the desired audience rules must already exist in the system.
To add audience rule filters:
- Click the Filter by audience rule button.
- Choose a previously saved audience rule and click continue.
- Each additional audience rule will show on a new row with the appropriate stats.
Message Tag Filter
To maintain consistent stats filter results over time you can apply message tag filters. Message tag filters are added within the message code using Smarty, and can be unique per contact based on a contact's attribute.
For example, you may want to filter message stats according to a loyalty attribute to check a subset of the message send stats for Gold, Silver and Platinum members.
To add message tag filters:
- Add the Smarty code to the message content to generate the tag on message send.
In the loyalty example, we would use the following Smarty code assuming the contact attribute loyalty exists in the system.
The above code will add the message tag with contact's loyalty value per each message.
- Open the sent message and choose Filter by tag under Stats Filters.
- Choose the desired tags. In this example, silver, gold or platinum.
- Repeat the process for all desired tags and view the results.
Inbox Placement Test
Inbox placement results will only be shown if enabled in the account.
The Link Performance section allows you to visualize link performance across desktop, tablet and mobile devices for:
- Average clicks
- Total clicks
- Unique clicks
Tracked links will display as URLs unless they are named using Smarty within the message content. Learn more about naming tracked links.
Note: All event activity is stored in Cordial for 18 months. Message opens and clicks are tracked for 30 days from the time of a message send, after which tracked links will expire. You are able to request a default URL (such as a home page) for expired tracked links by contacting your client success manager.
Time of Day Analysis
Time of Day Analysis allows you to visualize opens and clicks for the past 30 or 90 days on desktop, tablet or mobile devices.
In the next article learn about pausing and canceling a message send.