Cordial provides key insight on how your automated messages perform. You can view performance stats for individual messages or as an aggregate of all messages.
View automated messages performance
1. You can view performance information by logging into Cordial and navigating to Message Automation.
2. Select the appropriate channel, then select the message.
3. From within the message, you can select either Sent or Aggregates under message performance.
4. Aggregate totals can be rolled up daily or hourly. This can be configured on the Goals & Tracking tab, under Settings per each automated message.
The Summary Performance report provides the following KPIs:
- Total messages sent
- Percentage = (sent - bounced) / sent
- Total delivered
- Percentage = bounced / sent
- Total bounced
- Percentage = unique opens / delivered
- Opened (adjusted)
- Percentage = unique human opens / delivered
- Unique (adjusted)
- Total (adjusted)
- CTOR Percentage = unique clicks / unique opens
- Click rate percentage
- Opt Outs
- Percentage = total opt outs / delivered
- Percentage = total complaints / delivered
- Total Revenue
- Average Order Value (AOV)
Stats filters (not available on aggregate reports) provide a way to further filter your message stats using audience rules and send tags.
To enable this feature in your account, please contact your Client Success Manager.
By applying an audience filter to the report, you can view a subset of the total message stats. Before adding the filters, the desired audience rules must already exist in the system.
You can filter message stats according to age to compare how different age groups performed against the entire message send.
1. To add audience rule filters, click the Filter By Audience button.
2. Choose a previously saved audience rule and click Continue.
3. Each additional audience rule will show on a new row with the appropriate stats.
Audience rule results are dynamic and may change over time. This may skew stats and show different results depending on when the message was sent. To maintain consistent results, use send tag filters.
Send tag filter
To maintain consistent stats filter results over time, you can apply send tag filters. Send tag filters are added within the message code using Smarty and can be unique per contact based on a contact's attribute.
Use caseYou could filter message stats according to a contact loyalty attribute to check a subset of the message send stats for Gold, Silver, and Platinum members.
Ensure that tags added using the
addSendTag utility are not duplicates of tags added during message creation. When duplicate tags are present, only one instance will be tracked.
addSendTag utility is an enhanced iteration of the now deprecated
1. To add send tag filters, add the Smarty code to your message content to generate the tag on the message send.
For the loyalty example, we would use the following Smarty code (assuming the contact attribute loyalty exists in the system). This code would add the send tag with the contact's loyalty value for each message.
2. Open the sent message and choose Filter By Tag under Stats Filters.
3. Choose the desired tags.
4. Repeat the process for all desired tags and view the results.
Inbox placement test
Inbox placement results will only be shown if enabled in the account. You can learn more about inbox placement tests here.
The Link Performance section (not available on aggregate reports) allows you to visualize link performance across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices for:
- Total Clicks
- Unique Clicks
- Average Clicks/Clicker
Tracked links will display as URLs unless they're named using Smarty within the message content. Learn more about naming tracked links here.
Link performance results can be exported into a CSV file. Click Export to download the results locally.
Link performance results are not available as aggregates for all versions of sent messages.
All event activity is stored in Cordial for 18 months. Message open and link click events are tracked for 30 days from the time the message is sent. Links will continue to work after 30 days but tracking will be disabled. Attribution is not tracked for purchases made via links after the 30 day period.
Time of Day Analysis
Located at the bottom of the Message Performance page, the Time of Day Analysis allows you to visualize opens and clicks for the past 30 or 90 days on desktop, tablet, or mobile devices.
Aggregate reports also provide the option to select the day of the week the message was sent.
In the next article, you can learn about the quiet hours scheduler.
Please sign in to leave a comment.